Tuesday 12 July 2011

 



Genius Loci

Genius Loci is the spirit of a place. It is an A place I have been that I found significant is the Sequoia National Forest in California. This is a place like no other that I have been. This is a land of giants. The spirit of this place is from ancient times. To be around one of these giants takes a person to a differant frame of mind. A single person seems so much less significant. I forgot about the city for a couple days, I was in a differnat world here in the land of giants. The spirit of this place itself is hard to pinpoint, though it has nothing to do with humans.
Picture 613.jpg

Some of these giants are over 3,000 years old. They have been around since the beginnings of history. They are the biggest living things in the world. They picture below is one of the bigger but not the biggest in the park. It is hard to comprehend the size of these things without actually seeing them in person.
Picture 614.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment