Wednesday 13 July 2011


Veena Malik

Veena Malik was born on (date of birth 26 February 1984) Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan. She spend her early file with her grandmother. His father name is Ali Malik and he is a Pakistan Army soldier. The family settled in Rawalpindi after her birth. Her grandmother named her Zahida, but her family insisted on keeping Veena as her first name
.

Before starting her career as an actress, Veena Malik worked as a comedian for several TV shows and series. Veena started her career with the film industry in Lahore, the home of Lollywood. She was meet to Mukhtar Ahmed and Jarar Rizvi, who landed her a role in the epic Pakistani film Tere Pyar Mein. By the end of the year, she was already being considered for other such projects when she became a part of a growing scandal. She won her first Lux Style Award for being the most stylish celebrity on the red carpet.

Veena Malik has mostly been cast as a supporting actor. In 2002 she was called by Prime TV to host a show called Prime Gupshup for them ushering a new direction for her comedic skills and she improvised on the hour-long show occasionally mimicking actors. She also hosted the Geo TV show Hum Sub Umeed Say Hain, in which she was hailed for her comedic parodies. Now a days she is an anchor of a popular Dunya TV show “Miss Dunya”.

She currently resides in Karachi. Early in 2008, rumours of her suffering a heart-attack were revealed to be exaggerations, and she was diagnosed instead with a mildly serious form of tachycardia. She is very inn in Media for her Scandals with Babrak Shah and recently with Pakistani Cricketer Mohammad Asif.

Interview

In the Vanity Fair Meera even made threatening phone calls to me saying that she would throw acid on my face. She is too jealous of me but I am not afraid of her, says Veena Malik.

The beauty from Rawalpindi, Veena Malik, joined the film industry five years ago. Like hundreds of other glamour world dreamers, she came to the tinsel town with dreams unlimited. Her dreams came true when she met the likes of Mukhtar and Jarar Rizvi, the-fresh-faces promoters.

Her career is marked with scandals such as that of nude photo shoots, her romance with her secretary, the ravaging rivalry she ran with her show-town colleague Meera, and her much talked about Indian visit to perform in a Punjabi Indian flick 'Pind Di Kuri' to be released on December 31.

In an hour-long chitchat, she shared her anguish over her negative coverage in the Urdu print media. She was also touchy on the indifferent attitude of Pakistani filmmakers. Her annoyance to Meera could well be felt whom she considers an evil-schemer.

About her nude photo shoots circulating on the Internet, annoyed Veena said, "The photo-shoot you are mentioning is the part of anti-Veena campaign by my opponents in the film industry. I never went for a nude-shoot. Those are fake pictures. I am not bothered about them since those are not my photographs. I know there is a striking resemblance between the girl in those snaps and me but just resemblance takes us nowhere."

Regarding her much buzzed about Indian flick 'Pind Di Kuri' and Urdu print media's harsh criticism on it the lass said, "Pind the Kuri was an asset project. It was a great experience. The Indian cinema is too professional. Contrary to the Indian filmmakers, most of the Pakistani film taskmasters are not that professional.

Look, I went there because they invited me. I did not plead for the role. But Urdu print media pissed me off by throwing all kind of dirt on me through their yellow journalism. I had almost been declared a traitor. Earlier too, Pakistani singers and actors have performed in India, what's so special about me?"

About the releasing date of the film and her role in the film the actress said: "The film would hit the Indian cinema scene on New Year eve, December 31. Sadly, it cannot sizzle on Pakistani silver screen due to the certain policies of the government.

When of recent, Punjab Chief Minister Ch Pervaiz Elahi visited India, my film producer Iqbal Dhiloon requested him to release the film in Pakistan as well. But things still seem to be uncanny. I am playing the lead in the film pairing with Sarbajit Cheema, who is also the folk singer of India."

About bold scenes in the film, she said: No, I did not. I was asked for some hot scenes in minis and swimsuits, but I plainly said, NO. I am a Pakistani girl. I know my limits. They were nice people; they did not insist me after my refusal.
The team, I worked with in the film had Sakhwant Dhadda, as its director, music is composed by the hero of the film Sarbajit and the choreographer is Pappu Khana. I am lucky enough that I did a good film in India.

Her mentor Jarar Rizvi sometime ago asked her to drop her last name to become fortunate in show town, she hasn't but still she is doing well in Lollywood. "Yes, Jarar Sahib asked me to drop my last name but honestly speaking I have already become so famous as Veena Malik that I see no reason to follow Mr Rizvi's advice. In a way his myth, in giving numerous names to actresses, as to turn them lucky in the glamour world has stopped functioning anymore.

Why you and Meera are rivals?
"Infact, we two resemble each other a lot. When I crossed the threshold of the film industry, she was in a strong position. Her secretary Mukhtar did wonders for her as he helped her signing a number of heavy budget films.

Somehow or other, Mukhtar and I developed some kind of understanding and he left Meera and joined me as my secretary. I, with the help of Mukhtar, managed to sign 12 projects in one go. Meera felt so insecure that she started hatching conspiracies against me.

She even made threatening phone calls to me saying that she would throw acid on my face. She is too jealous of me but I am not afraid of her.

Her films in the pipeline?
"I have signed two mega budget films. One is Ajab Gul's 'Kiun Tum Say Itna Piyar Hai' and the other 'Koie Tujh Sa Kahan'.

A year and half ago, Veena used to live in a small house in Johar Town and now she has a bungalow in Defence?
I planned to live alone at my Johar Town residence. But it was a mohallah and people kept a strict vigil on my activities.

The male section of the locality was more curious and they often stood near my house when I came late from studios. It was an awfully odd situation for me. So, I decided to move to a reasonable place, a place free of interferences.

My elder sister and her husband live in Pindi. I talked to them and finally we two sisters bought a bungalow in Defence, now she lives with me. I bought my Defence residence after selling out my Johar Town residence and my sister also has her share of money in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment